Sunday, April 22, 2012

8 months old and potty training





Just to make it clear up front, the title is about both boys, not just Drew ;) Little Drewbird is 8 months old and I think it is safe to say Cooper is pretty much potty trained!

First a few fun facts about Drew:
His big brother is still his favorite friend and funniest guy he knows
LOVES his excersaucer and is quite the jumping bean
Dislikes most green veggies unless they are mixed in with some fruit but a very good eater
Getting much better at longer stretches for his afternoon naps, knock on wood they have been about 2 hours in length
Loves grabbing at his feet when getting his diaper changed
Mode of transportations seems to be rolling
No teeth yet!
He prefers to have his paci in upside down
We have another Chatty Charlie on our hands! Drew often says Da Da when he is happy and Ma Ma when he is sad ; (
He might have some curl to his hair! Drew often seems to have a few curly ques on the top of his head; I would love it if he had curly hair once it grows out!

The new excitement in our house is that Cooper is pretty much potty trained. I had no idea I would be so exhausted from this process! He really had no interest in going on the toilet but out of the blue on Thursday I asked him if he wanted to wear the new Star Wars underwear we got a few weeks ago. He actually said yes, so I explained he had to go to the bathroom on the toilet to be able to wear the underwear. After many many trips to the bathroom he really seems to have gotten the hang of it and at times will even stop whatever he is doing and tell us he has to go. I was thrilled when that happened because I think we were both getting a little sick of me constantly telling him we need to try and go to the bathroom. We celebrated this huge accomplishment with a trip to DQ tonight after dinner; Coop was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultrasound on Week 20

Ultrasound on Week 20

Ultrasound on Week 12

Ultrasound on Week 12

Tummy Tracker

Tummy Tracker
Week 36

Week 32

Week 28

Week 22

Week 18

Week 14