Sunday, August 7, 2011

Big Boy Bed!






We are almost one week in to Cooper sleeping in a big boy bed and he has done absolutely amazing with the transition! All along we were thinking we were just going to buy another crib, but long story short he is now using Cousin Owen's old toddler bed. It all happened so fast we only prepped him for one day, but we have had NO ISSUES (knock on wood) and he LOVES his big boy bed. He often requests to snuggle once we get home from work/daycare in our bed, but now he wants to snuggle in his big boy bed.

A few cute random stories from the last week:

I was putting Cooper to bed for the first time in his new bed so maybe dragged the process out a little longer than normal because he turned to me and said, "bye bye Mommy!"

I had bunco with my girlfriends on Wednesday night so Jennon put Cooper to bed that night. I'm not exactly sure what Jennon was saying but Cooper turned to him and said, "Ok Daddy, I'm going to go to sleep now!"

Wednesday afternoon I picked Cooper up from daycare and as we were leaving he shouted out to his buddy, "Bye Jackson, I love you!"

On the baby Caruth front everything seems to be progressing really well and my back and I are really hoping to meet this sweet little guy in the next week or two. I had an appointment on Wed and am dilated 2cm, 70% effaced, and the head is, "really, really low," according to Dr. Jeffiers. I go back this Wednesday so am anxious to hear if any progress has been made.

The pictures above are of Cooper in his new bed, his first time eating corn on the cobb (he is clearly an Iowa boy at heart, he was a natural and loved it) and a trip to Lake Harriett with Nana to check out the ducks.

Our plan for this morning is to take Cooper to his very first movie at the theater, an update and pictures to come soon.
Take care!

1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me how kids surprise us. The things we think are going to be tough end up being toughest on mom and dad :) Can't wait to hear news on baby Caruth! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Ultrasound on Week 20

Ultrasound on Week 20

Ultrasound on Week 12

Ultrasound on Week 12

Tummy Tracker

Tummy Tracker
Week 36

Week 32

Week 28

Week 22

Week 18

Week 14