Well, I'm officially 30 and so far so good! I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Jennon planned a tailgate birthday party for the Iowa vs Iowa State game. Although the cyclones played awful it was a great day. Jennon and I also had our first dinner date since Cooper was born. We had a great dinner at Crave and Cooper had a fun time playing with his cousin Gavin at Aunt Kelly's and Uncle Joel's.
I have 2 weeks left of maternity leave and am already getting sad. Cooper went to day care for a few hours last week as a little trial run. He handled the whole situation much better than I did ; ) Jennifer was great and made me feel much better about leaving him, but it was still a pretty hard morning for me. He is going again this week for a few hours so hopefully I don't cry this time. I know it will be so good for him to be around other kids, and he is in great hands with Jennifer. I feel very lucky that I will be going back to work part-time, Monday through Wednesday, so that will hopefully make this transition a little easier.
Cooper is getting more smiley by the day, and continues to coo and giggle often. He is also sleeping for longer stretches at night. He can now go anywhere from 4-7 hours between feedings so the extra sleep has been great. He is getting baptized this weekend, so we'll make sure to post some pics of the event. I'm crossing my fingers he behaves; he has a tendency to be pretty gassy whenever we go to church ;)
Happy Fall!
Beth
Happy Birthday Beth! I just caught up on some posts and I'm so happy to hear everything is going well. Cooper is such a cutie! :) Enjoy your last 2 weeks of maternity leave.
ReplyDelete-Jessica Schepp